This modeling study demonstrates that lowering coal power plant emissions delivers at least a 60-fold ROI to public health; presented by Dr. Daniel B. Howard, Energy Researcher, Clean Tech Entrepreneur and Advisor to Global Clean Tech Organizations.
YOU ARE INVITED TO THIS WEBINAR PRESENTING HOW THESE INSIGHTS WERE REVEALED IN A CASE STUDY ON NORTHEAST BRAZIL:
- Health benefits of tighter PM emission standards exceed control costs by a factor >60
- Over 16,000 hospital admissions, 168 premature mortalities and over US$1.2 billion dollars in healthcare costs avoided
- Benefits and costs compared for high, medium, low and very low emission standards
- The cost-benefit analysis holds even in a region compliant with WHO air quality guidelines
- Applications in developed and developing countries
Dr. Howard’s research focuses on energy system optimization including health and environmental impacts and paradigm shifts in energy planning. As a fellow for the National Science Foundation, he developed an innovative methodology to assess the impacts of high penetrations of variable renewable energy on a country’s health, climate and electricity grid.
Once registered, you will receive the briefing document. You can prepare questions and uncover insights for emissions control and policy making for your region or business.